NHQHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August Annual Show

3 posters

Go down

August Annual Show Empty August Annual Show

Post by trich2065 Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:24 am

trich2065

Back to top Go down

August Annual Show Empty Re: August Annual Show

Post by sjmcneil Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm

I would like to know if we need any additional volunteers for misc duties throughout the weekend? My thought is we used to have someone at the gate to welcome our exhibitors, tell them where there stall is and ask whether they will be hooking up and give them their camper sticker/document then and then give Marge a list to charge them all. Do you think we could have an individual there for that duty on Thursday?

I also have a couple of exhibitor events that I have been approached about. KA Performance horses/ Karen Albert will be doing an ice cream social on Friday night. All proceeds will be split between the Paint Youth club and the QH Youth club. Pam Currier the DAC representative will be sponsoring/doing a Hot Dog lunch on Saturday (hot dog, chips, drink) Free to all exhibitors.

I was approached at Region 6 whether or not we would be doing our Exhibitor Pizza Party on Saturday night. I think it is a good gesture and people loved it. Or we could do it on Friday night. I would like to have a discussion regarding what the board thinks. If the Board says yes to this, I will be putting it out there to be sponsored. So Tracey, I will need a figure of how much it cost last year.

sjmcneil

Back to top Go down

Post by sjmcneil Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Tom can you verify in the contract that there is nothing in there that says we can not have free food during the day that will be a conflict with the food vendor?

sjmcneil

Back to top Go down

Post by sjmcneil Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Tom did you ever find out about the water truck etc? I can't remember if you mentioned it or not.

sjmcneil

Back to top Go down

Post by brooksideqh Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

What the contract states as far as food is "To ensure continuous and consistent food service throughout all of the summer horse show events, the DFA contracts with a local food vendor(s) for the entire season. This vendor(s) is the only food service allowed on the grounds for your event." John told me that as long as it was a party type thing and we were NOT selling the food and it was free then there would be no problem!

As far as the Water Truck, it was supposed to be in on August 1st but has not arrived yet, so we need to be prepared to have a couple of guys available to help with the hose if it hasn't arrived by next weekend!

brooksideqh

Back to top Go down

Post by brooksideqh Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am

Jay has done the gate/greeter job the last couple of years, do we want him to do it again?

brooksideqh

Back to top Go down

Post by trich2065 Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Does this mean we can't charge for the ice cream social per the food vendor caveat in the contract? If Pam's event is free, then that looks okay.

trich2065

Back to top Go down

Post by brooksideqh Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:26 pm

I thought the last time the youth group did the ice cream social it was a donation type thing? If it is being held after show ends I would think the food vendor would already be closed for the night, No?

brooksideqh

Back to top Go down

Post by trich2065 Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:31 pm

As long as it's "donations" that should be fine. When I saw "proceeds" i wasn't sure if there was going to be set charges.

trich2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down